Quick photo-spam to get things up to date
1. Red Jezebel at the Rosemount to launch their new CD ‘How I Learnt to Stop Worrying.’ 20th Oct
2. The Panics at the Bakery to launch THEIR new CD ‘Cruel Guards.’ 26 Oct
3. Gyroscope at Capitol to launch their new single ‘Snakeskin’. 27 Oct. Lots of launches this month. They’re in my top 2 of Perth bands, seriously doubt I’d ever get sick of seeing them. Wasn’t on assignment for this one, but wanted to take the camera along for a few shots from the balcony, for a bit of a different perspective.
4. Promos for Sons of Rico, North Fremantle, 8 Nov. I’d just got my ST-E2 a couple of days before, so I was very keen to give it a run. A lot of people seem to poo-poo it in favour of the Pocket Wizards, but it did the job perfectly as far as I’m concerned.
5. Anonymous British band, 10 Nov. Brilliant, brilliant show.
A few fun shows to look forward to over the next few weeks, but at this time of year, the focus is on the festivals. In my case, Southbound and Big Day Out. It’ll be my first Big Day Out in a ‘proper photographer’ capacity (as opposed to sneaking in a camera to shoot friends’ bands). Hopefully the next two lineup announcements will be more interesting than the first! Though I will enjoy photographing Tom Morello, knowing I beat his ass down in Guitar Hero 3.